TDP resorted to corruption to tune of 50,000 crores

Every word uttered by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu is a lie, said YSR Congress party MLA Gadikota Srikanth Reddy. He added that people in the Rayalaseema are facing a drought situation and Chandrababu is spreading  false statements, that they are happy because of Pattiseema project. He was addressing the media at the party office in Lotus Pond in Hyderabad.
Even the CAG has released a report on the rampant corruption in the construction of Pattiseema, he added. In 2014 when Chandrababu came to power he said, a total of 17,000 crores was required to complete the projects but minister Devineni Uma recently said that 67,000 crores more were required to complete the projects. Srikanth Reddy went on say that TDP had resorted to corruption to the tune of 50,000 crores.
All the major projects in the state were completed during the regime of Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy, Srikanth Reddy recalled. The projects were finished 80% in his reign but Chandrababu is struggling to finish the remaining 20% in the last four years.
Tenders are being invited for Godavari-Penna linkage, this is also another instance for his corruption. After Chandrababu has come to power, 2 lakh hectares of land have been left uncultivated, he said. Srikanth Reddy demanded to know what had chandrababu achieved by linking these rivers. Chandrababu could not make a difference in the state what is going to do at the center? he asked, adding, Then you bowed down to Modi, now to Rahul to what extent are you going to stoop down for power?
When Rayalaseema is reeling under drought, Chandrababu claims that the area has benefitted greatly from Pattiseema project. Srikanth Reddy reminded the media that it was Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy who had initiated irrigation projects across the state. He also questioned the rationale behind linking Godavari-Penna saying the AP CM was embarking on this purely to amass more wealth. He pointed out that the CAG report had flagged several irregularities and high level corruption in Pattiseema.
Back to Top