The Government is responsible for the tragedy

Mogalturu: YSR Congress Party leaders have toured in Mogalturu on Tuesday. Recently, Five workers died of asphyxiation when they inhaled poisonous gas while cleaning a chemical tank in an aqua food processing plant at Nallavari Cheruvu village of Mogalturu block in West Godavari district.The tragedy took place in Anand Aqua Exports, a prawn processing and export plant. YSRCP district president, MLA Alla Nani, Madunoori Prasada Raju and several others visited the place today. They also observed the pipeline which was connected from factory to Gonteru drain.  

The villagers alleged that due to the negligence of the management, the tragedy took place in the factory. Speaking to the media, Alla Nani said that the management of Anand Aqua food factory took the license to produce 30 tonnes. They have not removed the pipelines even after Pollution Control Board directed them to remove them it in a week. 

The villagers complained that The wastes of processed aqua products and the other effluents are let into Gonteru drain and it is is being polluted but the management has not taken any measures to stop it. 
He also expressed concern over the fisher men community in the village.
The government is responsible for the gas leakage tragedy, he added.
Back to Top