KCR spreading falsehood for survival

Gadwal (Mahboobnagar district), November 27: Taking TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao on his home turf, Sharmila in a vitriolic attack said the sub-regional party was spreading falsehood for its survival and levelling baseless allegations against YSR and his family members. 

“The KCR propaganda that YSR has no love for people of Telangana has no credence as it is a well established fact that YSR has launched majority of his welfare schemes from Telangana region while KCR has always been busy in using his party for political and personal gains,” Sharmila told a big gathering here on Tuesday. 

He has been levelling false charges against YSR, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and on me as well and we can call his bluff at any time, she said adding that people of Telangana have benefitted most of the welfare schemes of YSR. 

It was YSR’s commitment for the development of Telangana that reflected in his efforts to give shape to the Pranahitha-Chevella project which will irrigate 16 lakh acres in 7 districts of the region. The project was dubbed as impossible and very difficult by many Chief Ministers but it was YSR who materialised the prestigious project, she said. 

While N Chandrababu Naidu has allocated just Rs 700 crores for irrigation, YSR gave the nod for a whopping 25,000 crores for irrigation and the subsequent Congress government has earmarked just 7,000 crores which shows who is on the farmers’ side and who has been sincere towards farmers’ cause. 

Infusing local flavour, she said: “the scope of Nettampadu project was widened from 25,000 acres in TDP rule to 2 lakh acres by YSR and he has completed 75 per cent of the work and the State government could not complete the remaining 25 percent work.” 

Jurala project which quenches the thirst of 120 villages was allocated Rs 100 crores by YSR but the State Government has no concern for the people and the elected representatives (Minister DK Aruna) has been busy in keeping her post in tact and has no time to address the peoples’ issues, she said. 

Gadwal, known for its exquisite sarees world over, has been in the news for all the wrong reasons with weavers committing suicides during TDP rule. It was YSR who has weaved hope and confidence into their lives by announcing a 312-core loan waiver scheme and an ex-gratia of Rs 1.5 lakh to kin of the each deceased weaver’s family. The State has discontinued the scheme. YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has taken up their cause and undertook a deeksha for their cause. 

Toddy tappers, the other major community in region also have benefitted from YSR’s schemes as the tax of Rs 500 per tree was brought down to Rs 25 by him. 

Though Congress benefitted out of YSR, it is a shameless act on part of the ministers and MPs to allow his name to be included in the FIR, she said and called upon the people to extend their support to YS Jagan Mohan Reddy who will usher in YSR’s golden era. 

Earlier, Konda Surekha came down heavily on KCR for his lack of sincerity on Telangana cause and using his political party to enrich his family members. 


Back to Top