Farmers Hard Hit Under TDP Rule

YSR Kadapa, Sept 3: Reiterating that the anti-farmer policies of Chandrababu Naidu have been badly affecting the rural landscape, Leader of  opposition YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has said that irrigation has never been on the priority list of TDP while YSR policies had gushed hope into the farmers and agriculture in the state.

Chandrababu Naidu speaks of various irrigation projects but never completes even a single one. Though there are projects like Gandikota and Brahmasagar which had seen completion of 80 per cent  of works during YSR term, he failed to complete the remaining 20 % works in the 2.5 years, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy said addressing the farmers as part of the Rythu Mahadharna at the collectorate here on Saturday.

Though Chandrababu Naidu boasts of putting Information Technology to the best use, he suddenly wakes up to find that the state is facing severe drought and the cabinet has no time to discuss the steps to mitigate the drought though it has time to discuss the Swiss Challenge method for capital formation. The state level Bankers’ meeting has been postponed beyond the assembly session as the state would draw a flak and farmers have been hit hard by TDP governance from the beginning, he said.

On one side he has been allowing water to drawn from Srisailam indiscriminately and has been showing no interest to complete the Telugu Ganga, Galeru Nagari, Handri Neva and other projects which benefit the farmers immensely. His policies have been against the interests of farmers and continues to pursue them. We demand that water should be given to farmers who come under KC Canal by January next to cover 92,000 acres of land. The submergence issue of Ghandikota should be solved and the project should be completed and at least 12 TMC water should be stored, he said. At least now, Chandrababu Naidu should take positive steps for farmers welfare, he said adding that the Steel Plant issue, taken up by YSR, should be completed which provides employment to local youth.

Back to Top